STARTING PAY RATE: $14.11/hr.
- High school level education or G.E.D.
- One season experience as lifeguard
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification or the ability to obtain such by the end date of seasonal employee orientation. If required certifications are not obtained by the end date of seasonal employee orientation, candidates must attend the next available certification course offered by the City of Dallas before reporting to assigned work location.
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and/or Lifeguard Instructor certification preferred.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Pool Manager.
- Observes swimmers from guard stand or pool side and cautions swimmers of rule violations.
- Provides scheduling of lifeguard staff under the direction of the Pool Manager.
- Performs appropriate emergency and rescue techniques when necessary including cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid. Reports injuries, accidents and assistance rendered to patrons.
- Maintains records, documents water quality and chemical balance, and adds chemicals to water as necessary.
- Cleans pool, pool area and restrooms and inspects pool equipment and surrounding area for general maintenance.
- Provides training to lifeguards.
- Assists with or supervises special events, swim meets, and other events.
- Serves as an assistant to the pool manager and functions as the manager in the Pool Manager’s absence.
- Assists staff in explaining rules and operating procedures to pool users.
- Lead inservice trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.